How to Wash Your Shirt
Whether you’re preparing a garment for a drawer, a suitcase or a weekend bag, proper shirt storage is key. That means folding in such a way that things are kept neat, especially while traveling.
Proper shirt storage is always key.
- Lay the shirt down, ensuring it is smooth. To help you, place a piece of A4 paper or a magazine on the back, just below the collar.
- Fold over the first side, behind the collar and alongside the paper.
- Fold in the sleeves, repeat on the opposite side.
- Now fold it twice, start from the bottom and then in the middle.
- Turn the shirt over. With a bit of practice, it should be easy to achieve a smooth front. Once you get this, it’ll be ready to go into your bag and emerge in great shape.
Being able to expertly fold a shirt not only minimizes creases and makes best use of the space in your case. It also means that you’re ready to do a quick change and get going the minute you reach your destination.