At GANT we acknowledge that the planet has a limited amount of resources. Respect for the environment is a natural part of our business process and is integrated into all of our activities. We strive to decrease our footprint both at our own sites and across our supply chain. We acknowledge the impact our business has on water, climate, air, land use and biodiversity, so we take actions accordingly. Our vision is that by 2030, GANT will be a brand focused on keeping and developing new bio-based businesses by creating products that are premium, preppy, timeless and designed to have a long life.
We have set the following six targets:
- We commit to implementing 50% renewable energy across our own operations no later than 2025, as well as incentivizing implementation of renewables within our supply chain.
- We commit to implementing 100% renewable energy across our own operations by 2030.
- We commit to decreasing our climate footprint by 30% throughout all operations by 2030.
- We commit to zero deforestation and to the protection and sustainable management of natural forests by 2025.
- We commit to eliminating single-use plastic in B2C packaging by 2025 and in B2B packaging by 2030.
- We commit to ensuring that at least 50% of all plastic packaging we use in B2C and B2B packaging is 100% recycled content by 2025 and 2030 respectively.
GANT belongs to global partnerships for climate action and has signed the Fashion Industry Charter for Climate Action by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change in February 2019, joining other industry leaders as well as becoming signatories of the G7 Fashion Pact in October 2019.
Packaging & transport
Our packaging and transport policies aim to both minimize the negative impact on the environment and find efficient solutions for our products.
Our customers should always feel safe wearing GANT clothes. With a restricted substance list policy, we ensure that our clothes our free from hazardous chemicals and aim to also reduce the environmental impact of these products.